1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Texas A&M, White, Golden Tuxedo?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mochicken, Nov 18, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I was told when I got my Coturnix that the "whites" were Texas A&M but after looking at alot of pics of quail in the last few days I notice mine are smaller than Texas A&M, mine are around 4 months old ( or supposed to be anyway ) and they are mostly white with some spots of gold speckles or tibetan type colors, they appear to be a bit bigger than the tibetans but they are not HUGE by any means.

PS, yes I know their heads are bald from the boys being frisky, the pics were taken the day I got them ( three days ago ) they are not all mixed in one cage that was just the cage I brought them home in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Eyeheartquail

Eyeheartquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    They look like English Whites. My whites are larger than the others too but definitely not Texas A & M. The True Texas A & M are pretty rare.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  3. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    the one you call golden could also just have some wild color in there, its such a small amount its hard to tell. the others probably do have some dark range, especially if he has kept them in colony pen with dark ranges.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by