Texas Breeders

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by KDailey, Jul 18, 2011.

1. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    I'm in East Texas and I ordered birds from Ideal Poultry for my first chicks (other than the 6 I got from our neighbor). I love my Ideal chicks but I'd like to get some chickens that are more breeder quality. I'd like to be able to go pick up the chickens and visit with the breeder, etc but I'm having a hard time finding many breeders around within a few hours. I don't mind shipping if it's not a rediculous shipping price or too far away but I'd like to be able to see the chickens in person sometimes.

Anybody have experiance with any breeders in Texas?

2. djennings

djennings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    Sabine Pass, TX.
    Hi I am here in Southeast Texas, Sabine Pass. I have some blue silkies hatching out as we speak. I have 4 less than a week old and 1 pipped and 6 more in incubator and silkie hen sitting on 5.[​IMG] [​IMG]this is dad Adonis [​IMG]This mom Pretty girl and these are some of thier babies[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  3. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Oh yay! You're only about 2.5 hours from me! That's not too bad [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. djennings

Jun 10, 2011
    Sabine Pass, TX.
    Just hatched out 3 more blue silkies, one actually has black on it instead of blue [​IMG]

5. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    [​IMG]

I got an assortment of silkies from Ideal but I'm pretty sure I only got white. I ordered five but they left one out so I only got four. Three are definately white and then the other I'm not really certain. It's wing feathers are coming in white but it's baby fluff is a little more buff-ish than the others so I'm not sure about it. I was hoping for some black, blue or splash.

I'll have to see what you got next paycheck if you sell [​IMG]

6. djennings

Jun 10, 2011
    Sabine Pass, TX.
    My husband has family in San Antonio and they come back and forth all time, maybe when you get ready they can bring chicks I have growing. You can meet them somewhere. [​IMG]

7. djennings

Jun 10, 2011
    Sabine Pass, TX.
    I also had a friend bring me from Tennessee 2 buff silkies and 2 white silkies, hoping for pairs, but probably not likely.

8. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Ya something like that'd be great [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by