Texas Chickenstock

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by blue90292, Apr 12, 2007.

1. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    this is from Carla
    Chickenstock is a gathering of BYC members (and others interested in poultry) held each year. It is a way to meet each other and have fun. Some people bring birds to sell or trade. It is a family affair and everyone is welcome.

They are held all over the country at different times of the year, depending upon the region.

There is a section here about the different Chickenstocks
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/v … .php?id=29 and also on the EZBYC forum http://p072.ezboard.com/Chickenstock-20 … ckensfrm34Come join us !

so, come on texans! let's get something going!!​

2. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
  3. SleekDominique

SleekDominique Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2007
    Please count me in, Carla! I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing chickens too. I would love to bring something chocolate, if that would be appropriate. If not, a fruit salad. Or both!

Cheers,
    Holly

4. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Great Holly, glad you are coming.

I love chocolate (doesn't everyone ) and fruit salad !

Email me for directions.

5. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Guess I've been away from these boards too long. Learned about the get together 12 hrs too late. And to think I spent the day mowing the lawn and puttering around the house... [​IMG]

Hope you all had a good time.

-Mac

6. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
  7. MesquiteCreekCritterFarm

MesquiteCreekCritterFarm Out Of The Brooder

Are these annual events? Being new, I am interested in meeting other bird lovers.......thanks!

8. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    Hey Mesquite,

I run a group called The Central Texas Pet Chicken Meetup Group. It's not the same as chickenstock, but the goal is to meet and chat about our chickens, have coffee and lunch, etc. We are having our first meetup @ 1:30 in San Marcos on August 15th. I'm sure that's probably a drive for you. Feel free to join the group even if you may not always be able to make a meetup. They won't always necessarily be in San Marcos. That's just what seemed to work out this time.

9. MesquiteCreekCritterFarm

MesquiteCreekCritterFarm Out Of The Brooder

Thank you so much for the info and link. Yes, San Marcos is quite a drive for me - - - I would love to join the group to at least chat and meet new chicken folks..........even if I can't make the meetings. I appreciate your help! [​IMG]

10. red_raider_64

red_raider_64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Stephenville Texas
    I saw that MesquiteCreekCritterFarm lived in Dublin.
    There are two guys plus me that live within 15 miles from there in De Leon. Maybe we should start a meetup group.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by