1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Texas needs your help!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 7L Farm, Oct 1, 2011.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    The Lone Star State has been through hell excuse my French. We have had no rain to speak of & the once beautiful landscape is literary burned up. The wildlife has taken a big hit along with all the farmers. The farmers & ranchers have been forced to sell their cattle for lack of food for them & the crop farmers have lost all their crops. Its all on account of no rain. Not to mention all the wild fires that have devastated so many.
    I'm asking that we all add a line to your signature stating Pray for Rain in Texas!! Thanks 7L

2. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I sure do hope you folks get some rain soon! We had a drought out here in California that lasted for YEARS. The lakes used for crop irrigation were down to 1/4 capacity, and some dried up all together! Farms went belly-up, and the dry brush was just fuel for the wildfires we are so famous for out here. Hot, dry winds just fan the flames and spread the fires faster. In the central California valley, drugs, gangs, and meth labs have taken over small farming towns and communities because tens of thousands of jobs were lost because of the drought. The town I grew up in was once a small, quiet, safe place to live. Now, you couldn't pay me to live there, especially if I had kids to raise (thank God mine are grown).

I would be more than happy to pray for rain for Texas. I've been in your shoes.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  3. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:Thanks, I've got a few years on me but I've never seen such sad devastation. It will take along time for Texas to rebound from this.

4. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    I'm here in Texas and we really do need some prayers or something to bring on the rain! Lots and lots and lots and lots of rain!!

5. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Yep many of the churches here in Texas have Pray For Rain on their signs. We were able to save our green beans and bell pepper plants but we watered twice daily. I just harvested a bunch of green beans and I've got a half dozen bells almost ready.

6. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    What we're in need of is HAY

7. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:Thanks!!!! WE need all the prayers we can get.

8. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    [​IMG]
    Quote:I usually get about 300 round bales a year I have yet to get one. Sad

9. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Hope you guys get some soon! [​IMG]

10. SilkieBantams