Texas NPIP & Selling Hatching Eggs

aborland5280

Chirping
Mar 30, 2020
Hello all!
In the next few months I am looking at selling hatching eggs online. I know to ship eggs out of state you must be NPIP clean.
So, I have a few questions for my fellow Texan chicken keepers.
How did you get NPIP certified? I’ve tried calling the numbers from A&M, I’ve emailed A&M, and I can’t seem to get in contact with anyone who can come test my flock. I know there is an antigen shortage, but it’s a little upsetting that I can’t even get ahold of anyone to ask questions. Other than NPIP, what else do I need to ship eggs out of state?
Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. I think they are on stand by right now. A lot of drug shortages right now. I'm a manager of a vet clinic and it's been hard to get several drugs. I keep getting back order notifications. A&M must be having the same issues. Covid19 has turned everything upside down.

I have researched getting NPIP testing done and what I found is that there are Authorized Testing Agents in the different counts through out Texas. These are individuals that have been trained to conduct the test. The link below has a map that list the Authorized Testing Agents in each county.

https://tvmdl.tamu.edu/testing-information/poultry/authorized-testing-agents-roster/
That’s very helpful, thank you! Does anybody know what they test for in the NPIP testing? Is it only PT?

Try calling your county Agriculture extension agent. They are an extension of Texas A&M. I think every Texas county has one. Should be able to Google the phone # And address. May even be able to talk to them in person (our Ext office was also a polling site for the earlier election and they were in their office). Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom