Texas People, I Need Help Finding a Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WildernessLofts, Dec 15, 2012.

1. WildernessLofts

WildernessLofts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    North Topeka, KS
    One of my friends got some excellent results asking the same thing of people in Kansas last year, so I thought I would try my luck, as well.

I am moving to the southern Houston area within a month for a new job and I could REALLY use some help in the way of finding housing. I need a place that will allow my poultry, cage birds, and dogs. I don't care if it's a mobile home or a regular home. If you know of someone I could contact or know of people that might know of someone, I would greatly appreciate it.

The property needs to be within at least 30 miles of South Houston, at least two bedrooms (three preferred), and be on at least an acre of land for my pets. For now (since only one of the two of us will be employed), I think the maximum we can pay for rent will be $900, but less is better.

I know properties like that exist as I was lucky in finding the one I'm in now, but that was back when I had the time and finances to spend a week in a motel while looking at properties. I don't have that liberty right now, unfortunately.

Alvin is one of the towns I'm partial towards moving in/near, if you need a reference for locations.

PM me if you would be more comfortable keeping information confidential.

Thank you in advance!

2. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I'll ask around. Are you looking to rent only, not buy? Good luck with your search!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  3. WildernessLofts

Jun 4, 2009
    North Topeka, KS
    Rent only right now. I currently share housing and bills with a friend, so until we are both making enough to strike it out on our own, buying isn't an option.

Thank you for your help!

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Check craigslist, or put a request on craigslist.

5. WildernessLofts

Jun 4, 2009
    North Topeka, KS
    I've had nothing, but horrible luck when it comes to Craigslist and housing. I tried Craigslist while looking for housing in my college town. Every house I tried to look at from there turned out to be either a fake listing or someone using the image of a REAL property at a fake price trying to steal your money. I won't try there again.

6. WildernessLofts

Jun 4, 2009
    North Topeka, KS
    Was able to make a trip down South today and talk to some realtors. Pretty much nothing available on the MLS, so I guess I'll have to rely on private owners. The trouble is finding them. [​IMG]

7. Sorry, don't know anywhere! I pray that you find a wonderful place though! -hugs-

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Perhaps look in the newspaper of that area online.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by