Texas People Who raise Chickens who have land

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by aberfitch, May 7, 2009.

1. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    I currently have chickens and I am looking to buy a house with land 1 acre to 2. What cities allow chickens and roosters. I am looking to set up and breed so I want to make sure they cant come and tell me I can't have chickens. I will verify the results I get but I hope to be pointed to the right directions. I would like to find something around the Alvarado, Justin,Springtown/Decatur/Azle/Weatherford. in the realms of Fort Worth, Not San Antonio or Huston. Too Far. Something in the country?? Maybe... Just thought I would ask and get some good and Ideas. Please reply only if you have an Idea or definitely know of what city to suggest me checking out. thanks!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. Blue Skys

Blue Skys Hi Mom!!

Nov 25, 2008
    Texas
    Johnson County is very relaxed on livestock laws. If your looking at Alvarado, I've seen some people in neighborhoods there that have chickens and even donkeys in their back yards. Good luck to you!

Just to cover yourself, you can always check the local ordinances to be sure you are allowed.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  3. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    [​IMG] from Indiana! I don't know about TX laws but just look up the City website your interested in and they ususally have an ordinance page that should tell you. Good Luck![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by