1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Texas Torpedos****Very HOT****

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Judymae, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    You'll need:
    12 whole, fresh jalapenos
    2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1/4 cup italian dressing
    8oz cream cheese
    12 slices of bacon

Okay to get started marinate the chicken breasts in italian dressing for about an hour. In the meantime slice open the jalapenos and take the seeds out. Keep as whole as possible. Grill the chicken. When done finely chop it. I put mine through the food processor and make it look all ground up. Mix the chicken with the cream cheese. Fill the jalapenos with the chicken and cheese mixture and wrap each stuffed jalapeno with a slice of bacon. I use a tooth pick to secure the bacon. Then grill it til the bacon is well cooked. You'll have to turn it a couple of times. This is so good but very hot!

2. farmgirl2477

farmgirl2477 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo, FL
    Gonna try these at the next BBQ/family get together! Sounds awasome!

3. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    We call somethign similar - POPPERS around here....
    No chicken in em, or bacon, they fill em with cream cheese - put a batter on em and deep fried....

I LOVE THEM!!! (and I must add, to everyone's amusement, I don't eat SPICY food!!)

4. firechicken

firechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Covington, GA
    That just made my mouth water. THanks for the great idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by