1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

thai fowl

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by fowlsessed, Nov 25, 2011.

1. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    Are thai gamefowl known as manfighters? Could roos and hens be raised together and then they would get along fine, like with saipan? Any advice is appreciated. thanks

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Most Thai are true gamefowl and at some point, they must be seperated.........Pop

3. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    GAMEfowl are thus named for a reason.

4. fowlsessed

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    Why, because they play games?[​IMG]
    Quote:

5. fowlsessed

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    I like the personality, look, ability to freerange and the maternal abilities of the games not the fact that they go around killing each other.

6. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    I will try to make this simple. If you are wanting a free ranging flock, games are not what you want. Look into Sumatra, and Fayoumis, both very pretty, non aggressive for the most part, especially the Fayoumis. They are very good flyers, good at free ranging and avoiding predators, and good foragers as well. Any of the games, even hatchery stock cocks, will likely fight more than is desired, even if not to the death, and the hens will also fight. Thais, Asils, Brazilians, Shamos, do not work in a flock situation. Just a fact.

7. fowlsessed

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    Thanks. But, I did mention the look of games aswell. Such as shamo and asil. But your advice is appreciated, I know you have more experiance than I do.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by