Thai / Leghorn cross rooster

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Kadjain, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Kadjain

Kadjain Chillin' With My Peeps

I just want to show off this rooster. He is a Thai / W. Leghorn cross that was in a clutch I hatched for eating but thought this guy was too special.
    I think he is one of the prettiest roosters I've ever seen! He is about 8 months old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    [​IMG]Oh... My... Gosh! He is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing! We have nice roosters, too, but... wow... just, wow...!

3. Kadjain

[​IMG]

I forgot to mention he is a super friendly guy too. When he was younger he would come up into the house and eat the dog food crumbles that were spilled around the food bowls and I would have to chase him off the counters cause he was looking everywhere for more food. One time I was taking the breasts off a chicken and I had to leave the room for a minute. I heard a thud...thud and I knew he jumped on the counter and stole the breast. I had to chase him all over the yard to get my chicken breast back. He doesn't come up anymore though now that he has built relations with the girls.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Cool, rooster! [​IMG]

5. epeavey1

epeavey1 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2011
    Wow he walks like he know he is in charge of all the hens. A truly handsome rooster. I have several handsome rooster, this one's name is Lakin raised him from a chick. The top picture is my duck Pablo she is such a sweet duck follows the old black hen around searching for bugs. Ellen from Georgia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

eorgia
    [​IMG]

6. Kadjain

What kind of hens are those white ones and what kind of rooster is he? He looks good from a far, got any close up pics of him?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  7. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    He is a cool looking rooster. I'm glad he is friendly, because he looks really big. How tall is he? When he stands next to you, is the top of his head above your knee?

8. Kadjain

I just recently re-homed him. He was beautiful but I have too many roo's and he wasn't going to fit into the breeding program.

He came up to just past my knee and he was a heavy bird.

9. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I'm glad you found another home for him, since you couldn't keep him yourself.

10. orientalbreeder

orientalbreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Thats a nice looking fowl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by