Thailand chickens?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by leerlindsay, Jun 26, 2019.

1. leerlindsay

leerlindsay In the Brooder

May 5, 2016
    Troutdale Oregon
    My Coop
    I saved a baby from my friends cat. The Neighbors eat their chickens so after bringing it home to mend her wounds and let her get over the shock, I didn’t return. Figured why save it and let it get eaten later. Buuut later I learned their birds are Thailand fighting chickens... so is my sweet thing going to grow up aggressive and not be able to be integrated into my flock of girls? or because she’s alone do I have a chance at her being a nice bird? Is it even legal to have said breed?

Attached Files:

Brahma Chicken5000 likes this.
  2. Brahma Chicken5000

Brahma Chicken5000 Araucana Addict

Sep 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    How old is the chick?
    I’d try integrating it into the flock once it’s 10-12 weeks old.

leerlindsay likes this.
  3. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    If it turns out to be a male it will not tolerate another male once he is grown. Yes its perfectly legal to own them, it not legal to fight them though.

4. leerlindsay

May 5, 2016
    Troutdale Oregon
    My Coop
    About 3 1/2 weeks is my guess, wings feathers are in and shoulders but that’s it.

Brahma Chicken5000 likes this.
  5. leerlindsay

May 5, 2016
    Troutdale Oregon
    My Coop
    I can’t have Roos where I’m at. So it’s going to have to find a country family if that’s the case. But I want to give it the best chance for a life.

6. leerlindsay

May 5, 2016
    Troutdale Oregon
    My Coop
    Another thing was I was considering grabbing a couple cream legbar babies to let it bond with. It’s so damn lonely by itself. Good idea??? Or just let the baby be?

7. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Chicks can be raised alone but they do better and will be more social if raised together.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: