Thank u Lord!! Finally some RAIN!!! East Texas is getting Rain !!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by the4heathernsmom, Jun 21, 2011.

1. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Everything was slowly begining to die from drought here. 18 inches below average rainfall here.....this morning right now finally some much needed RAIN!!!! The Lord is good!!!! Thank you!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SanctusPullus

SanctusPullus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    My Coop
    Well God bless and blow real hard to the west so we can get some in Austin! Absolutely none in a month and a half.

3. Smittenroade

Smittenroade Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    North East Texas
    JUST ABOUT TO GET IT HERE TOO IN TEXARKANA!!!

MY RAIN DANCE MUST HAVE WORKED WOOT WOOT WOOT! THANK YOU GOD!

RAAAAAAIIIIIIIN IMMA GO DANCE OUT IN IT NOW!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    If I could I would send you our rain. Its rained almost daily for the past month. My yard is nothing but a mud ball. We need a good week of no rain to dry out but no luck its supposed to rain again today.

5. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    we needed it soooo bad....turning into a dust bowl here. I am sooooo thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

6. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Quote:Please Lord not to hard let it rain in Centerville then blow some to Austin

piecemaker

7. SanctusPullus

Jun 4, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    My Coop
    Quote:Please Lord not to hard let it rain in Centerville then blow some to Austin

piecemaker

Thanks Piecemaker, just checked and there's a 30% chance today. Hard to believe but our chicks have never seen rain in their lives, they're gonna freak out if we get some: "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!" lol

8. SanctusPullus

Jun 4, 2011
    Austin, Texas
    My Coop
    Quote:Ah, sometimes I don't know which is worse, but count your blessings, Sheila [​IMG]

9. Smittenroade

Smittenroade Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    North East Texas
    Quote:Ah, sometimes I don't know which is worse, but count your blessings, Sheila [​IMG]

At least things grow when you have rain...or even floods. When there's drought everything just starts dieing and catching on fire...

Edit: both suck, not trying to compare it....I just personally would rather have floods and rain lol my vegetables would still be alive!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  10. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I've never seen it so brown, this early. First day of summer and it looks like October. Roadside trees are even wilting. I'm glad that it will be "cooler" today at 95 instead of 105, but man I wish it would rain.

I'm really worried about fire here in the Austin area. There are lots of people, and its dry and very windy. I'm going to be away for the fourth of July weekend, and I'm a little nervous about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by