Thank u to everyone for helping me

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by new duck mom, Mar 18, 2013.

1. new duck mom

new duck mom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    Texas
    Everyone has been so helpful here and I appreciate all the tips and advice. The set up I have now and it's just temporary is a huge ice chest that I took the lid off of, warm towels and a pan with shallow water and a little bowl of food. Getting a bulb in a bit but does this sound ok for today?? And maybe if I let them play and quit watching them il get some housework done? They freak out when I walk away. I should prob pick up a ducks for dummies book too I guess

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    You're getting there . . . . safety, safety, ducklings can get themselves into unexpected troubles. Good you took the lid off.

Sounds like you got a friend. Awe, they want to be with you[​IMG]

I would get a thermometer as well as a heat lamp. I already had some ceramic heat lamps in the house and used two of them to manage the heat. Please don't overheat them. 85F would be the most I would go, more like 80F would be better, and see how they do.

Very soon they will need a head washer to prevent sinus, ear and eye infections. There are other threads about it, but if you have trouble finding them, just post here and we can help. There is just so much information, if you can read older threads it can help. Then there are the stickies.

Also, Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks is a great resource. I also have and like The Ultimate Pet Duck Guidebook.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by