THANK YOU ADMINS AND BYC MEMBERS!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Skitz, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG]I want to thank the admins that have done all this. Many people have joined for years showing us about how to have a good care for our chickens. This is the most GREAT chicken website I've ever seen, You can come to BYC with no experience of chickens and leave well great experience. This website has the most valuable information that no other site has. I want to thank everyone too for sharing us your information I really appreciate as well as others. I didn't know that this website was the coolest! I had my first chickens in 2006 I believe, and was trying to find information on how to take care of the chickens but everytime that I submited on google with the word "chickens" BYC came up. I was getting tired of it because it kept on coming up BYC in every search I did until I gave up and took a look and saw that BYC had ALL the information that I needed. I guess I was just lazy to take a look [​IMG] to date I have raised approx 200 chickens since 2006 and became a member on 2008 to show my appreciation. Out of all of the 200 NONE are mine [​IMG] , They WERE mine but I sold, I gave away, and killed [​IMG] actually I didn't kill them but they died for A LOT of reasons. I posted all the time I lost a chicken so maybe they are still there or the posts have already been erased. And thanks to BYC I took good care of them. THANK YOU BYC!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2009
  2. DuckLady

DuckLady Previously DuckLady! Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Thank you!

But!
    We have so much experience in our wonderful members. The knowledge and wisdom here continues to amaze me! It is the members who make this such a great resource!

I am sorry you lost your flock.

I know when you are ready to rebuild, there is help for you here as well as advice and support.

3. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:I know there is [​IMG] everyone has been helping me.

4. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    Johnny, I remember when you had that unfortunate loss of your flock. Have you gotten any more since? I hope you have, I can tell you love them and enjoy chickens. Have a wonderful day!

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:terrielacy I start to like this place a lot more!

Sewincirlce

yes I had! im happy with this ones! they are the most cute chicks I've ever had. I love so much my roo because he has lived he is the only survivor of 2 chicken incidents and 1 dog attack! when I thought at the second incident that my roo was killed i was diying from inside but in a week later he came back!!!!!! he must of ran away when the neighboors came. he was missing LOTS of feathers he looked rumpless but now he is getting his feathers back. He lives lonly in a small coop outside he really needs company but soon I will take the chicks outside to live with him. Things are getting better each day [​IMG]

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

What a nice thread, thank you for starting it and for your kind words!

We really do have the best chicken community, heck I'd venture to say the best community of anything in the world, not just chickens!

Our staff members are just the most incredible people and do so much to keep this place a happy and friendly environment.

One of the best things is how every member "pays it forward". We have people that come to BYC with little to no knowledge. After a few weeks of getting their brains stuffed with info they turn around and share it with other brand new members. It's the coolest thing.

BTW, hold on tight, 2009 is going to be AMAZING!!

7. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    BTW, hold on tight, 2009 is going to be AMAZING!!

If this is referring to BYC Nifty,i dont see how you can make it any more amazing!!!
    its a second home for alot of us here and friendships and knowledge that will stay with us for years to come! thanks so much to every BYCer!!​

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Quote:There is lots planned here at BYC for 2009, but one really exciting announcement later in the year.

[​IMG]

9. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I can no longer function without my daily "dose" of BYC... I have made the most amazing friends... I laugh, cry, sympathise and now phone my USA friends...along with other Brits on this site....all of you are amazing and have my heart......I hope that one day I can come on over for a visit ......Thank you - all of you - you have become so very special to me...... xxxx

Hey and Nifty your the greatest for starting the whole thing....10/10 to you and the fabby jobs you and the Mods do on keeping this site so very very enjoyable ...... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:There is lots planned here at BYC for 2009, but one really exciting announcement later in the year.

[​IMG]

ohhhhhh now that sounds exciting!!! can't wait....hurry up and spill ya beans!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by