Thank you BYC... chick to egg laying success!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Buckeye71, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Buckeye71

Buckeye71 New Egg

Jan 5, 2009
    Ashland County
    It's been so long that I've posted on this forum that I forgot my original log in name.

I just wanted to thank everyone that helped me through my first experience with raising chicks and seeing them turn into egg producing machines. I got my first egg Christmas eve and now all 12 hens are pretty much laying 1 egg daily without a light in my coop. lol

All my friends thought I was a complete nutt for bring home chicks in June of 08. Since then I've looked after my small flock and have had so much fun doing it. My friends are now looking into getting chickens because of how involved their children are with mine.

It's just been a wonderful experience for me and I wanted to thank BYC for helping me from coop construction to egg laying. The people that post here are not only knowledgeable but are kind hearted and really go out of their way to help chicken noobs like me.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this. I started out on the coop design page and finished up on egg laying so... I figured I'd post on the last forum I got advice on. I not only have eggs but this summer is going to be great due to all the little chicken droppings I've been composting, which I learned about from BYC as well. hehe

What a great suprise I had Christmas eve and what a great website! Thank you... Thank you... Thank you! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Fabulous!! Congrats on your success! [​IMG]

3. addiedunn

addiedunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    And do you have any plans to hatch some of those Buckeye's? As a born buckeye myself, I would LOVE to have a Buckeye.
    [​IMG]

4. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

Congrats! [​IMG]

So glad to hear about your eggs--enjoy! Genie

5. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Wicked good! Congrats on a job well done!

6. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    Congrats!!! Those first eggs are truely golden!
    [​IMG]
    Jeanmarie

7. johnmayersquare

johnmayersquare Let's Talk About Chicks, Man!

Nov 17, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    Quote:My sentiments exactly! I have relied on this site over and over during experience with getting chicks to the coop, predators, etc and can't express my gratidtude enough to all the people out there! You all rock! [​IMG]

8. motherbear

motherbear Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2008
    CA Gold Country
    Dittos!!!

We too got our chicks in June and couldn't have done it without BYC. We've got about half of our girls laying now and every time we check the nesting boxes is like Christmas all over again.

Thanks everyone!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by