1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thank you BYC Duck Forum

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Trav5787, May 10, 2012.

1. Trav5787

Trav5787 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2012
    I want to thank everyone on this board that contributes their knowledge to help those of us that are just getting started. I have 2 ducks that were having problems. My female roeun wasn't growing, was having a hard time standing upright and it's feathers weren't coming in right. My Khaki just stopped walking. Thanks to now understanding the niacin requirement for ducks they are both on the mend.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!![​IMG]

The last time I tried my hand at ducks I hadn't found this site and all of them died [​IMG]

It is going much better this time.

2. PetesMom

PetesMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia County, NY
    I too want to thank everybody on here! I went through a niacin deficient duckling when I received my order from Metzers....a few weeks on the supplement and she is 100%. Now I am going through it again, although this one might not recover quite as well as the other seeing how she is 8 weeks already and I just rescued/adopted her today :'( I won't give up on her

3. Diamond88

Diamond88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2012
    Chicago
    I'm thankful too! I'm new to hatching ducks and everyone here has been so helpful. Nearly all of my questions have been answered by searching the forum, and the friendly posters here are quick to offer their insight to my remaining concerns. Plus, looking at all these cute pictures of ducklings has been great when I'm bored at work! [​IMG]

4. Scovy Momma

Scovy Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    Sacramento CA
    I want to thank the board too. I just have Daisy but I have found out a lot of info here in the past few months. It's amazing that almost anything I type into Google about ducks is bound to bring up this site within the first couple of hits! The information here is great & so are the people!
    [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    We all love having you all around as well! You all give fresh looks to keeping ducks and share your wonderful stories. You guys help us just as much as we help you.

6. nickie

nickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    north central KY
    Yeah, what ^ he said! I love the duck forum!

7. Kevin565

Dec 22, 2009
    I'm a Woman [​IMG]

8. PetesMom

PetesMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia County, NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Ok ok I won't lie.....I thought you were a man too [​IMG] LMAO

9. nickie

nickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    north central KY

Ah, jeeze, my bad! :rolleyes: I guess my own personal imaginary picture of Kevin565 is waaaaay off. Sorry. :p

10. Kevin565

Dec 22, 2009
    Lol it's okay. Most people on the forum assume I'm a man. But I'm just the crazy Duck, Goose, Wolf Lady [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by