Thank You BYC!!! ***pics added***

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kbarrett, Apr 11, 2008.

1. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    I just wanted to thank everyone here on this board. I've wanted chickens for quite a few years now and finally decided to do it this year. I'm am so happy I found this site..I've spent the last few months reading all the information posted here and have learned so much!
    I received my first order of chicks today from Ideal.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I ordered 14 pullets:
    4 Ideal 236
    2 brown leghorns
    2 black minorcas
    3 buff minorcas
    and 3 barred hollands

They seem to be in excellent health and thanks to everyone here I feel confident in my brooder setup, temps, and feed. I have learned so many tips on what I'm seeing as far as normal behavior that their actions and antics, such as the pecking and toe picking seem familiar lol.
    I also feel so assured that when I do have questions, some of the nicest people I've come across on the net will give knowledgeable advice and give me helpful guidance.
    So Thanks All....you've helped make my first chicken experience which could have been stressful into an enjoyable venture for my family! [​IMG]

the pics aren't great....will do better tomorrow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Glad you've found it a good experience here! Can't wait to see the pics of your new babies! [​IMG]

3. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Congrats on the new babies!

4. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Congrats on the new fluff balls and welcome to the addiction.

Remember to treat them for pasty butt in the next 2-4 days after they start eating and pooing regularly. I have been using olive oil on all my chicks since I got my first chicks. I use a q-tip dipped in olive oil and roll the q-tip starting at the opening and going out in all directions. This has worked out GREAT for my last 4 batches of little chickies as I have never had any problems with pasty butt doing it like this. My first chicks I just used warm water and a q-tip and they got pasty butt a few times and I had to do it again. I will be treating my new chickies tonight or tomorrow and they just hatched on Monday and Tuesday.

Waiting for pics too.

Jayare

5. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    yea i wanted too also thank everyone for their good and expierenced chicken advice wihtout all my chicks would never of survived!

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Welcome. Glad you found the site. I feel the same way...tons of great information here and loads of experienced people. Friendly and free with their advice and suggestions.

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

Glad you found this site.
    Finally someone else who has Buff Minorcas!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by