THANK YOU, DANNY! My Mille Fleurs FINALLY hatched!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chanda, Apr 29, 2009.

1. chanda

chanda Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2009
    MS
    I've been having problems with my Mille Fleurs dying JUST before pipping. Danny suggested that I up my temp in the incubator to 101.5--worked like a charm. (For those who don't know, I have a Little Giant still air incubator.) Thank you, Danny, for your wise advice.

At first, 2 of the 3 failed to thrive. The one that did survive is starting to show positive signs, but I posted a thread on the Emergency thread, all the same.

Thanks again for your help, Danny. Without your suggestion, I'd still have NO MF chicks!

Chanda

2. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    I met Danny the other day. I'm trying his method also. Nice guy!! [​IMG]

3. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I want to thank Danny too, I read one of his post about temp being off and so I uped mine and placed a medically calibrated thermo. in and it read low at 98.7 while my digital read 102.7!!! I went and bought a Weather Channel hydro/therm and it now reads correctly with the medical thermo... So had I not read his post I wouldn't have figured out the temp was waaayy off!!! Also! I'm trying to incubate with damaged air-sacs(w/tips from Danny) and they babies are growing well!!! Thanks for thinking outside the box Danny!!! [​IMG]

4. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    You guys are quite welcome. My pleasure !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by