Thank You (Electric bill)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by fosterchick, Mar 16, 2009.

1. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I would like to thank everyone on this board with your ideas on how to save on my electric bill. My bill was always between $220 and $230 a month. I stopped using the dryer. I hung my laundry in the house. Because of this I didn't have to use the humidifer too. I also start to wash all my clothes on the quick cycle. (it works all of our clothes came out clean even the kids) I also started to run the dishwasher on a quick cycle. I try to cook in the crock pot as much as possible. Well the end result is a smaller light bill. It is now down to $120 I am so happy.

2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    That's awesome! Congratulations.

3. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    Wow, that's a big difference. Congratulations. [​IMG]

4. fosterchick

Thanks and the great thing is that except for hang the laundry, everything else we did doesn't seem to affect any of us at all.

5. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    That sounds great! Maybe I will start trying some of these things too.

6. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Fantastic!

Do you have the drying cycle on the dishwasher turned off? Sometimes you have to just disconnect the heating element. Interestingly to me, I found the dishes dry just as fast if you open the DW as soon as it stops running and pull the shelves out.

7. fosterchick

I have never used the dry cycle on my dishwasher. And just think that I thought I was saving on the bill. I didn't think that I could still get it down with a family of 8. All I can think about is the amount of money that will go into savings for a rain day

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I too used suggestions here for my astronomical water bill and went from $250 to $100 a month! BYC'ers are the best!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by