Thank You Emergency Helpers

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by HomesteaderWife, Jan 20, 2019.

1. HomesteaderWife

HomesteaderWife Songster

Apr 24, 2015
    Alabama
    I just wanted to say a big thank you for everyone who over the years has helped others, including myself, here in this thread and offered your advice.
    :hugs :thumbsup

I have not only found help for common problems like mites, but just today I had to do an emergency Google search for "hen choking" and sure enough an old thread from BYC popped up. She couldn't catch her breath, poor thing had gotten food caught up in her throat at some point (though we spread it out to try and help prevent that), and had foam all over her face.
    I read through the solutions and got an extra hand to hold her, massaging her crop and trying some other tips. I am really grateful this old hen got immediate help and I am happy to say she is okay now. It was the first time I had ever faced the problem, and I am really happy BYC was there with answers at the top of my search.

So THANK YOU AGAIN to those who keep a watchful eye over the emergency/diseases/injuries/cures thread!

And please, if you've found some serious help here, I hope you'll say thank you too and encourage these good folks.

shannon84, 007Sean, lmw411 and 19 others like this.
  2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Chicken tender

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I'm am grateful too we have very knowledgeable folks on this site. I could name names but maybe they will be embarrassed? Oh heck I know @Eggcessive is extremely valuable with her knowledge. @Wyorp Rock is another, @casportpony is another. I cannot recall all the others, but I am grateful too.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Crossing the Road

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Old hen, you sure do help a lot of people out with your knowlege and experience as well, and we all apreciate that.

4. Lady Lionheart

Lady Lionheart Songster

Jun 16, 2018
    Pueblo Colorado
    I am very grateful for the kind, caring folks on here! I have received help and encouragement from many. Plus, lots of laughs! Don’t know what I would do without all of you!!!

5. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Crossing the Road

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    X2 Eggcessive! Don't know what we'd do without @oldhenlikesdogs experience and knowledge!

@HomesteaderWife I'm so glad to hear you were able to find a solution to help your hen and she is doing well!

6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

I agree!

7. Cragg Klefor

Cragg Klefor Crowing

Apr 14, 2017
    County Kilkenny, Ireland
    Such a nice post to see in the emergency forum! You just made people smile @HomesteaderWife :highfive:

8. HomesteaderWife

HomesteaderWife Songster

Apr 24, 2015
    Alabama
    @Wyorp Rock - Oh yes, we are thrilled she is well. She knows she was helped too- suddenly, she's become VERY friendly and sociable. We've only had them for a month, and she's been so shy prior. Very thankful for BYC help (even if, wow, it was from 2011!)

@Cragg Klefor - Oh, goodness! Thank you! I am just trying to motivate those who help here, and let them know their responses are very important and appreciated. If it makes them smile- job done!
    :celebrate

9. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds!

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    So very nice of you to spread some praise!! :clap

Such a fine community, and so many wonderful folks willing to share their experiences - good and bad - and their vast knowledge! I’d be lost without so many folks on this forum.

:love

10. lmw411

lmw411 In the Brooder

Aug 9, 2018
    Yes! So very grateful for the expertise offered here. Nothing beats learning from others who are experienced. We've only had a flock for about 9 months, but I would be clueless if it wasn't for this site!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: