Thank you for all the awesome help!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by quailkids14, Jan 4, 2015.

1. quailkids14

quailkids14 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2015
    Ohio
    Hello, I am a homeschooling mother of 2. We got 4 quail eggs and a small incubator as a project. (No hatch, 2 empty, 1 early death, and 1 death at hatch). So we decided to try again. We made our own incubator that is larger and got 13 georgia giant quail eggs and are on day 4! So exited and hoping for a good hatch this time!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may want to post on the guinea threads at "Other Backyard Poultry," I would assume the gestation period etc. differs from that of chickens. Sending good hatching vibes your way [​IMG]

3. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. My wife and I home-schooled our children, and now our daughter is following in our footsteps with our granddaughter (pictured in my avatar). I'm sorry about your failed hatch. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about quail (never had any), but definitely post in our quail section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail, and take advantage of our quail experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatch.

5. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Glad you joined!

6. CrazyChookz

CrazyChookz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2012
    Chasing Chooks
    Hello and [​IMG] ! Don't hesitate to ask any questions, and enjoy chicken keeping! Sorry for your losses and I wish you better luck next time. [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning and welcome to BYC! Good luck with your quail eggs. Nice to have you join us!

8. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

9. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sorry about your first hatch attempt. Good luck on this next one! I have hatched quail for years and they are so enjoyable to watch pop out like popcorn. Ha!

Georgia Giant Bobwhites are one of the easier Bobwhite breeds to keep. Enjoy them and welcome to our flock!

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by