1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Thank you for my silkies, Charlie! (and Julie!) *upd. pics pg 4*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mrs MIA, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG]

These are Charlie's grandbabies, and if I'm remembering correctly what he told me, they are Julie's Great Grandbabies!!! Sweetheart that he is, Charlie HAND-DELIVERED, from FLORIDA, 6 silkie eggs when he visited our great state 3 weeks ago. I am head over heels in [​IMG] with these little guys already... They are my FuzzyButt Gang and are a wonderful addition to my new breeding flock. [​IMG]

Thank you Charlie!!!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  2. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Too cute. You will love them. Silkies have great personalities.

3. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Oh, I know!! Ever since we got our hen "Elvis" last year, I've been wanting more. I have 10 out in the pen now, plus these 4 beauties. [​IMG]

P.S. OK, guys... ed-ju-macate me on the colors, now... So far I've only had white and I think a couple of blues and one lavender... what are these?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  4. Cracker

Cracker Songster

Jul 11, 2007
    North-West Florida
    You are very welcome Tori. I knew you could do it. They are beautiful. I just hope their blood gets thick quick! It's a lot colder there than where they started from! [​IMG] You might have to get them some little jackets!

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    The way they're fuzzing out, I don't think they'll need em! Besides, they're going in the new breeders coop, so they'll be nice an comfy. [​IMG]
    (It's 53°F here today... what is it there?)

So what colors are these guys?

6. This is so funny! I was just sitting out in my yard watching my flock, and for some reason I thought of you and your hatching troubles.

I have been to Alaska twice, spent 2 summers in Homer, and I thought, if I ever go to Alaska, I'll have to bring her some eggs.

And then I came in and saw this thread.

I am so happy you got a good hatch! 4 out of 6 is great. They are truly adorable![​IMG]

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You are turning into a hatching expert.

8. Cracker

Cracker Songster

Jul 11, 2007
    North-West Florida
    The temp. is currently 92 degrees in the shade of the back porch!
    I think Julie would be the best person to explain the correct colors, but they look just like my six that hatched last week, from white to a dark gray.

9. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG]
    You are so sweet!! [​IMG]

10. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:I don't think I need any more hatching experience, though I just got off the phone with someone that wants me to hatch out some southern bobwhites and chukars for him... [​IMG] I'm game! LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: