Thank you for the add

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by baldwinmarty, Jan 24, 2017.

1. baldwinmarty

baldwinmarty New Egg

Jan 24, 2017
    we are new to the chicken business and now have 23 chickens. All are different breeds. Every time we see a different breed that we just can't live without, we just have to have!!

2. birdwrangler057

birdwrangler057 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    Hi! And [​IMG] so glad you love chickens as much as we do!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, baldwinmarty, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Sounds like you've been bitten by the chicken bug! That's okay - it's not fatal! [​IMG] As a newcomer to the world of chickens, you might want to spend some time reading the informative articles in the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center They will prepare you for 99% of the questions you will likely ever have regarding your flock! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

1 person likes this.
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under baldwinmarty [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Since you like a lot of variety in your flock, you might enjoy reading some of the breed focus threads that have been posted. Here's a link to take you to a list of the breeds that have been featured so far:
    post #1

You might find another breed or two you'd like to add to your flock [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by