Thank you for the information

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by alove4animals, May 7, 2009.

1. alove4animals

alove4animals Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2009
    telford tn
    We have a hen that has hatched 2 eggs, every day we went out there she had more under her.
    Worried and was not sure what to do I wrote in here.Alot of great advise and it really did help us alot.
    We did separt her from the other and went through all her eggs and found 2 that will be hatching soon.We placed her in the hay side of the barn with her box,next to her other chicks that hatched.She is so skinny and such a great chicken, we didn't want to loss her.So cross our fingers and hope for the best on the last 2 to hatch.
    By the way the chics that hatched where not even hers,so she was a surgate to the other hens.GOOD MOMMY HEN! [​IMG]

2. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Awwww....that's great to hear!!! BYC is full of wonderful, informative and knowledgable people!! [​IMG] Hope she has a good hatch! One thing I always do is set food and water in my broody hen's nesting boxes! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  3. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Sounds like a good momma hen. You can put small bowls of food and water in her box where she doesn't even have to move and maybe it will help. Maybe once they all hatch she will pig out and gain some weight back. [​IMG]

4. melissa508

melissa508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    ma
    I feed my broodys hardboiled eggs , especially towards the end when theyre getting thinner, then lots of fattening treats when theyre done.
    I also put food/water bowls by the nest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by