Thank you from a newbee

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickenneighbor, Dec 23, 2012.

1. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    I don't own chickens, so I probably don't belong here, but I'm absolutely infatuated with them. since the neighbors disregarded the "no poultry" clause in our deeds and got some hens, I have fallen in love with the little creatures! My DH and I are retired, so when the neighbors go on vacation, we get to take care of "the Henwicks," 2 BO, 2 silkies, 1 JG, 1 WCP, and 6 barnyard mixes. Since we live on a very visible corner lot, I don't see us getting our own flock any time soon. Until then, I'd like to thank all of you here on BYC for being such a caring group, willing to share your knowledge and experience, along with recipes, hugs from strangers, some just plain silliness, and great photographs. I'm on this site several times a day for my daily therapy! Thanks, everyone.

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Welcome! And you most certainly do belong here! We have lots of members who don't own any chickens for one reason or another. I hope you get to have your own flock one day!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, chickenneighbor, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! As flockwatcher said - he DO belong here - BYC is about folks in all stages of chicken ownership - past, present, and future. Hope you can get your own flock started real soon. Happy holidays and best wishes!

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Everyone's welcome here! You don't have to own chickens, many members here don't. But most of us like them (and others like duck, geese etc) and that's enough. One day you'll have your won flock and then you can share your chicken stories with us.

5. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    [​IMG]
    Sounds like you belong here to me [​IMG]

6. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    Thanks, everyone. We found some meal worms at Lowes (!), and couldn't wait until Christmas, so the Henwicks just had a treat!:D

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] This site and your neighbor's chickens - best therapy in the world.

10. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by