Thank You GOD!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bossynbella, Apr 19, 2009.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Thank God I didn't open my bator last night! Me and DH put eggs in seperate bators and today is the day they are to hatch. His however started hatching friday and by last night had all hatched. I had a few pips but that was it. I was so tempted to open that incubator but I just kept telling my self. You have done all you can, now it is in God's Hands. I kept doubting my decision but then I decided, how can I doubt it? If God cares for every sparrow surely He is looking out for these baby chicks as well! Sure enough I woke up this morning to four chicks out and 3 working there way around, and 4 other pips! I have 36 eggs in there, so its a long way from done but its a start and I am happy I trusted in God that He knew what he was doing.

I do have some questions though. My DH keeps helping all his chicks out! I know he shouldn't but its his choice for his incubator not mine. He has two that don't have the yolk obsorbed compleatly one with splayed leg and one that has what looks like insides outside of its butt. Is this because he is helping them as soon as he sees the pip? What could cause this? So far none of mine have had a problem. Though I do have one that seems stuck on its back between the carton and the side of the incubator I have half my eggs in a carton and half are laying flat. I hope he flips over on his own because I am NOT opening the incubator!
    Melis

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Melissa that is wonderful news about your clutch.

yes, your hubby needs to leave them be. if they aren't strong enough to make it out, they most likely will fail. (not always but i have found it to be most of the time.)

your bator may be running a little low temp-wise as that can cause a delayed hatching.

3. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Well today is actually day 21 it was just bothering me that his where hatching and mine weren't when we put them in the same day. Mine is a Little Giant still air and his is an older model Hovabator forced air. don't know if that matters or not
    Melissa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by