THANK YOU, Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain

Discussion in 'Quail' started by I LOVE COCHINS, Jun 10, 2009.

1. I LOVE COCHINS

I LOVE COCHINS ChochieChochieCoo

Feb 10, 2008
    I just want to post a HUGE THANK YOU to Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain for being such an awesome BYCer. [​IMG] For those of you reading this and don't know what she did, here is the URL.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=189262&p=1

Also wanted to let you know that the Quail eggs are in the incubator and I'm so excited! I fell in [​IMG] as soon as I saw those precious spotted eggs. Three of the eggs had shell chips, I put band-aid tape on them. It worked for the silkie egg that I cracked, the chick hatched out just fine. I guess we'll have to just wait to see what happens. [​IMG]

When is the right time to candle Quail eggs?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    awh that is soo cool!!!! congrats on winning! I wondered who won!!! [​IMG] can't wait to hear about your hatched cuties [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:7 days is when you can see into SOME of them [​IMG] if the egg is dark and the air cell visable it's safe to say you've got development [​IMG] If it's clear by 7 days then I'd say it's not developing. I normally dont candle htem to be honest....and only remove any if they stink. I say that but i just last night candled some [​IMG]

4. I LOVE COCHINS

Feb 10, 2008
    Quote:7 days is when you can see into SOME of them [​IMG] if the egg is dark and the air cell visable it's safe to say you've got development [​IMG] If it's clear by 7 days then I'd say it's not developing. I normally dont candle htem to be honest....and only remove any if they stink. I say that but i just last night candled some [​IMG]

Thanks monarc23,
    Yes she gave 3 of us eggs. I'm already planning how I'm going to "Pay it forward" [​IMG] [​IMG] As far as candling eggs, thanks for the info. I might candle or do what you do and just wait and be surprised! [​IMG]

5. kingmt

kingmt Songster

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    She has been more then generous & has given eggs to more then three people. She is paying the shipping for those three.

Congrats on the eggs.

6. melissaowens

melissaowens Songster

Apr 20, 2009
    andalusia alabama
    i also got some of her eggs, all i had to do is pay shipping, thank you very much for the eggs!

the eggs were 30+ and i think she sent me 36 all were excellently wrapped, no broke eggs! AWESOME thanks again

7. I LOVE COCHINS

Feb 10, 2008
    Quote:Yes I know she has, she offered you all a really great deal. It's so nice to know that peeps like her are still around! [​IMG]:)

8. I LOVE COCHINS

Feb 10, 2008
    Quote:Awe, isn't it exciting? Are these your first Quail/Quail eggs? This is my first time. I agree with you, she does awesome packing those precious spotted eggs. So when is yours due to hatch? I would love it if you would keep us posted on how your hatch goes and I'll do the same.

9. I LOVE COCHINS

Feb 10, 2008
    Well great news!!!! 22 out of 30 eggs have chicks in them!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I left the other eggs in the incubator just incase I made a mistake. Oh and one of the band-aid eggs has a chick too!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: