THANK YOU, Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain

I LOVE COCHINS

ChochieChochieCoo
11 Years
Feb 10, 2008
I just want to post a HUGE THANK YOU to Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain for being such an awesome BYCer.
hugs.gif
For those of you reading this and don't know what she did, here is the URL.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=189262&p=1

Also wanted to let you know that the Quail eggs are in the incubator and I'm so excited! I fell in
love.gif
as soon as I saw those precious spotted eggs. Three of the eggs had shell chips, I put band-aid tape on them. It worked for the silkie egg that I cracked, the chick hatched out just fine. I guess we'll have to just wait to see what happens.
pop.gif

When is the right time to candle Quail eggs?

Last edited:
Quote:
7 days is when you can see into SOME of them
smile.png
if the egg is dark and the air cell visable it's safe to say you've got development
smile.png
If it's clear by 7 days then I'd say it's not developing. I normally dont candle htem to be honest....and only remove any if they stink. I say that but i just last night candled some
tongue.png

Quote:
7 days is when you can see into SOME of them
smile.png
if the egg is dark and the air cell visable it's safe to say you've got development
smile.png
If it's clear by 7 days then I'd say it's not developing. I normally dont candle htem to be honest....and only remove any if they stink. I say that but i just last night candled some
tongue.png

Thanks monarc23,
Yes she gave 3 of us eggs. I'm already planning how I'm going to "Pay it forward"
wink.png
woot.gif
As far as candling eggs, thanks for the info. I might candle or do what you do and just wait and be surprised!
fl.gif

She has been more then generous & has given eggs to more then three people. She is paying the shipping for those three.

Congrats on the eggs.

i also got some of her eggs, all i had to do is pay shipping, thank you very much for the eggs!

the eggs were 30+ and i think she sent me 36 all were excellently wrapped, no broke eggs! AWESOME thanks again

Quote:
Yes I know she has, she offered you all a really great deal. It's so nice to know that peeps like her are still around!
thumbsup.gif
:)

Quote:
Awe, isn't it exciting? Are these your first Quail/Quail eggs? This is my first time. I agree with you, she does awesome packing those precious spotted eggs. So when is yours due to hatch? I would love it if you would keep us posted on how your hatch goes and I'll do the same.

Well great news!!!! 22 out of 30 eggs have chicks in them!
wee.gif
wee.gif

I left the other eggs in the incubator just incase I made a mistake. Oh and one of the band-aid eggs has a chick too!!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom