Thank you, Shippers (AKA Who has Lavender Orpingtons!)

RanchHens

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 7, 2013
Central Texas
Well poot...

I just received my BEAUTIFUL EXTREMELY RARE LAVENDER ORPINGTONS HATCHING EGGS 6+.

:hit

They're terrible, beyond belief bad eggs. If one of my Buffs laid eggs like these I would be horrified.

The eggs are misshapen, too small (just a hair bigger than my Banty polish hen's), and almost all of them have some one defect or another. But, at least the Post Lady didn't smash them... :rolleyes:

I'll try them any way, but don't like my chances and my stomach turns at the thought of actually breeding birds that lay eggs like this.

But here is the real problem... These aren't MY eggs! These were a CHRISTMAS PRESENT!

I am faced with the very real possibility that these eggs are all duds and her present is a wash. I would just order chicks ASAP in case the miracle of hatching ends in disaster, but everyone is sold out...

Lord help me...

If anyone knows of Lavender Orpington chicks for sale, or a nice bridge I can live under, it would be greatly appreciated...

Aw so sorry, but heres to a happy hatch and hopefully some good birds who lay better eggs! I just set some eggs, I haven't hatched in over a year so Im kind of feeling blah about it. I took a risk and ordered some off ebay
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom