Thank you!

MamaBelle5

Songster
Jun 23, 2020
Pennsylvania
It was last spring that we got our first chickens. I was finally swayed because my husband and then 9 year old had been asking for them for years, but I never thought I would enjoy them. When covid caused the kids' school to be shut down, I thought the children would be thrilled. When my 9 year old walked in the door she burst into tears. Their classroom's chickens were supposed to hatch that following Monday and she had been so looking forward to it. It was then that I decided to get the babies.

Then I started lurking on this channel, reading through the threads and the guides and the situations (and still asked plenty of questions yesterday). It was only the support and guidance of the members here that gave me the confidence to do it. I didn't want to mess it up and end up accidentally killing all the viable embryos. The kids hardly left the hatching room and at the end of the day, right before bed, my now 10 year old said, "This is so much better than doing it at the school! I got to watch everything!"

So, genuinely and sincerely, thank you for all of your help and guidance and the community you all have created here for new and old chicken lovers alike. I really and truly appreciate it.

It was last spring that we got our first chickens. I was finally swayed because my husband and then 9 year old had been asking for them for years, but I never thought I would enjoy them. When covid caused the kids' school to be shut down, I thought the children would be thrilled. When my 9 year old walked in the door she burst into tears. Their classroom's chickens were supposed to hatch that following Monday and she had been so looking forward to it. It was then that I decided to get the babies.

Then I started lurking on this channel, reading through the threads and the guides and the situations (and still asked plenty of questions yesterday). It was only the support and guidance of the members here that gave me the confidence to do it. I didn't want to mess it up and end up accidentally killing all the viable embryos. The kids hardly left the hatching room and at the end of the day, right before bed, my now 10 year old said, "This is so much better than doing it at the school! I got to watch everything!"

So, genuinely and sincerely, thank you for all of your help and guidance and the community you all have created here for new and old chicken lovers alike. I really and truly appreciate it.
i find the members here very helpful as well! 😁

Back
Top Bottom