THANK YOU!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by nccatnip, Sep 1, 2007.

1. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    I just want to thank all moderators and members of this forum for so much information. It is refreshing after some of the others I have been on (non-chicken related). This forum is very welcoming to the newcomer, I have learned and posted more on here in such a short time than one forum I visit daily and have been a member for years.
    I must be going crazy- I am bone tired from being up since 4:30am to go to a dog show (nice win, too, Thank you very much) and still fell the need to check all 7 pages of new posts.
    From the bottom of my dog tired heart- Thank You

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    amen

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

how'd ya do in the show???
    and
    You're welcome.[​IMG]

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks so much for the nice comments. I know everyone of the BYC staff appreciate it.

We all (Staff and forum members) make a great team for sure!

5. Agilityscots

Agilityscots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Catnip, I have to ask: what breed do you show, and in what sports? I show in breed, obedience, rally and occasionally earthdog with my Scotties. Always nice to see a fellow exhibitor around these parts! [​IMG]

Amy

6. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:what is this earthdog?? My sister showed in the sit, down,long stay etc... obedience stuff, never heard of rally or earth dog

7. Agilityscots

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Earthdog tests hunting instincts in terriers and dachshunds on going to ground. The dogs have to navigate an underground tunnel that's 9"x9" and get to the (caged) rats at the end. Once they reach the end, they have to work the rats: barking, digging, biting at the bars that separate the end of the tunnel liner from the rat cage, etc. Each level gets progressively harder and gets closer to simulating real hunting. It's very cool. There's nothing like hearing a terrier traverse 30 feet underground in ten seconds, hit the end of the liner and start screaming to get those rats!

Amy

8. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    I show confirmation only so far. This weekend I showed my boy Griffin. He is a black tri aussie. He took winners dog over 21 entries for a 4 point major. Not bad for a one year old.
    I also show Italian Greyhounds but have been giving the girl a break. She loves the shows, she loves shopping at the shows, she hates the show ring. Looks like a plow horse the minute we enter the ring.

9. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    My daughter shows dogs in 4-H, a Jack Russel Terrier. Has been showing him for about 5 years now in 4-H shows only. They do go by AKC rules though, and have AKC judges. This year she got an awesome compliment, The judge told her she had the best jack russel she had ever seen in obedience. His score was a 197. I know it has been alot of work and I am very proud of her. Most of the kids in our dog class have herding dogs, and just getting a higher score than a border collies is great to her. Please feel free to visit their Page by clicking here.

10. Agilityscots

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Quote:Congrats on the major! That's fantastic...is 21 dogs a high entry in Aussies? Are you handling yourself? If so, double congrats!

I feel for you on your IG. I bet a break will help quite a bit. When mine get lackluster in any ring (breed, obedience, whatever) I give them a break and then they come back charging out of the gate.

Amy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by