Thank You

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by VTGIRL, Nov 22, 2009.

1. VTGIRL

VTGIRL Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2009
    Vermont
    I just wanted to express my thanks to all of you who have helped me get through my first " chicken emergency". I would probably be less a couple more chickens had you not responded to my questions.

I'm very happy to say that the flock is doing very well ** knock on wood ** . My second orp is doing well, she is eating and drinking and looks about 90% normal.. still an occassional fluffing of the feathers but she is pecking around, eating the layer pellets, drinking her water, jumping up on the roost etc... two more days of 1/2 strength Sulmet to go. I gave them yogurt as lots of you suggested and HOly MOly they LOVED it.. I really think that perked them all up as well as the electrolytes & vitamins I added to their water today.

I did have on Splash Silkie who seemed to have had a sour crop this morning(standing in the corner all fluffed up and squashy soft crop) so I separated her and massaged her crop on and off for about an hour and a half. she passed a very odd looking poo.. green and looked like little pebbles and rocks.. and Man it was STINKY [​IMG] Immediately her crop became more firm and she started eating and drinking so I took her back to the coop. She is doing well. Thanks again to all of you [​IMG]

Anyway I just wanted to express my gratitude to all of you and to Backyard Chickens. This site surely is a valuable resource to all us Poultry lovers <3 !!!!

Jody

2. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

So glad to hear this- well done!

About yogurt- so good to nourish a sick bird, and the only time to avoid it is with sour crop as it encourages fermentation. For everyone else it's like a miracle food. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by