1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thank you

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Keithk, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Keithk

Keithk New Egg

Dec 30, 2009
    Glad I found this site! The info is invaluable. In frigid cold Wisc., the tips about using a full spectrum light to help with decreased egg production was great. Having a dirt bath area in the coop since the ground is snow covered, (used ash, sand, & potting soil) was well received. The best however, was hanging a cabbage from a rope for the ladies to peck and play with. They had a ball, and I'm sure helped their boredom. Beside giving them some green food they don't get as much of this time of year. We have a mobile coop we used all summer and they loved it, fertilized, and ate all the dandelions, and probably a lot of bugs too! Keith

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from So. California.

I will warn you about BYC...it is VERY addicting!! [​IMG]
    This was me last night ---> [​IMG]

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Yeah...I'm always learning something new on here myself. [​IMG] from Indiana!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

5. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Its great how much you learn on here, isn't it? Enjoy. [​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by