Thank You

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by davekrista, Oct 30, 2010.

1. davekrista

davekrista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    So I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone here. I love this site and the people on it. Because of the help (and encouragement) of you all I have 4 healthy happy babies. It wasn't the easiest first hatch but it was made less stressful because of everyone here. With out you guys I probaby wouldn't have any that survived because I would have candled every day and stuff. And when there were problems and I had to help out, your knowledge and experience helped me to know what to do and what not to do.

Thank you all. You all are great. [​IMG]

2. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

You don't have to thank us. You do, however, owe us a picture of the babies.
    [​IMG]

3. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    Quote:Will get some soon. Gotta get the kids costumes done before halloween tomorrow, and gotta clean my house, AND my 3 y/o has a temp of 103 so things are still hectic but should settle in a few hours. Will post pics of all 4 when I can..

4. katharinad

Pour little kid. Get some cherries or cherry juice. There is something in it, forgot what it was, that reduces fever. The darker the cherries the better. You can also get canned cherries. Here is a favorite German recipe for sick children:

Griessbrei (Cream of Wheat Mush)
    Mix 6 tablespoons of cream of wheat with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Beat 1-2 eggs. Bring 2 cups of milk to a boil, add the the dry mix and cook until thick. Take of the heat and whisk in the beaten eggs. Return to the heat one more time to assure that the egg are cooked. Serve with canned fruits like strawberries etc. Left overs can be pan fried and served with cinnamon sugar as a sweet treat.

5. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats to you....... but ...........where are the photos [​IMG]

6. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    HOW DARE YOU!!!!! You thank us with no pictures! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Not really!

7. MrsDuck

MrsDuck Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2010
    Western WA
    YAY! for hatched ducklings! Great group of folks here, eh?!

I hope you're able to finish up those costumes and that your little one is feeling better soon. (I actually have a pumpkin trick-or-treat bag on my lap at the moment that needs a few more stitches, too. )

8. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    The one in the front, that still has the "fur" that is still kind of stiff, is the one that was stuck. We don't have a name yet, the one with the crest (yes its a crest and not just the way it dried) is named lolly pop (named by my 7 y/o) the one on the right is my 3 y/o's duck, named lucky (because it was egg #7 when we set them) and the one in the back is my 5 y/o's and still doesn't have a name yet. Pics are hard to take they come out blurry because I can't keep them still long enough to snap the shot.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like lolly pop is trying to pose for the camera.

[​IMG]

The trouble maker trying to "escape" while the door is open.

[​IMG]

On the move. This is the onet that needed help.

[​IMG]

9. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    So cute! Congratulations!

10. katharinad

How cute. I would suggest not to use newspaper, it can lead to spradle feet. Best is to use cotton towels or even pee wee pads. I prefer old cotton towel. I simply shake them out outside and throw them into the wash machine. They look very happy and strong so I would suggest to let them take a daily warm water bath. The dried up stuff will come off in no time. I did let mine bath in the bath tub in a painting tray first. Later on I gave them the entire tub, but I had 11 that wanted to swim. They must be able to stand in on location and the water does need to be warm so they don't chill. Keep an eye on them while they are having fun. Eventually they slow down and stand around, and that is when you have to take them out and dry them off. I use paper towels.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by