thankful for husband

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by pokey, Jan 30, 2009.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    i would just like to say how thankful i am for my husband. i am 4 months pregnant with our 1st baby(for both) and had to have surgery to remove a cyst and ovary.since i really can't get around and lift ect.... he has been taking great care of my birds even though i know he isn't as crazy about them as i am. i have been very blessed since we've gotten married and i can't say thanks enough. [​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

That's awesome! My wife took excellent care of my birds all last summer while I was working out of town. I can't thank her enough.

3. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Aw, isn't that great? I had back surgery a couple of years ago and got a bad infection at the surgery site so was basically chair ridden and hooked to an IV bottle at home for weeks and weeks. My most wondrous man took care of my horses (one kicked him), chickens and all of our seven kids. I was feeling bad and did NOT make things easy for him. Sometimes men can surprise you.

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    My DH took care of things after my hysterectomy last year. 5 goats, 2 pens of chickens and our 13 year old son. Of course, after about 3 days it was, "when can you do all this again"? [​IMG]

5. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    I also have a wonderful hubby! I don't tell him very often how grateful I am for all the things he does to provide for our family. He works seven days a week as a millwright for a cereal factory and several of those days each week he works twelve hour shifts. He is a great provider!!! I think I will take this as a reminder tonight to tell him how much he's appreciated!!!

6. Samarai Jenn

Samarai Jenn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    I also have a wonderful husband. He's truly amazing, he's been taking care of all of the animals, since I've been stuck inside for the past 3 months, even on the coldest of days he goes out and feeds and waters everyboyd. Even when he works 12 to 13 hour days, he goes out there without complaining or anything. I am very thankful for him.

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I am very thankful to be sharing my life with such a wonderful man. My only regret is that it took me so long to find him! This only makes me appreciate him more. [​IMG] He is always looking for ways to make me smile. Just recently he announced he is building me an incubator! Who can resist that!? [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have one of those "good as gold" husbands. Most of you know I broke my ankle in two places about Jan 8 and am held together with a plate and screws. He's taken care of our 49 birds, the dog and even the special attention my crippled BR rooster, Zane, needs. Married him just after my 19th birthday and it's been 33 years now.

9. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Yep, mine too....although I forget sometimes.......

6 kids....30 years an a chronic illness to add to it all!

I was just 14 when we married....he was almost 30......hard to remember all we have been through, but each moment has been worth it!!

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Gecko, I know there is story behind that.....

My Ken is awesome. He is my biggest defender and protector. The chickens were his idea, and I rarely have to do anything for them except play with them [​IMG] He is always bringing me little gifts and I never expect them either.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by