1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thanks Cynthia...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cara, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    The eggs arrived today, and I think they could have survived a nuclear holocaust with that packaging. They're resting before going in with the others. Fingers crossed for a good hatch!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Whew, I was wondering about your eggs! I was going to email you if I hadn't heard in a couple of hours. Glad they made it. Good luck!

3. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    Yes, thank you from me too! No one ever need to worry about getting broken eggs from you! Even my postal gorillas didn't manage to smash any.

4. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Thanks. I set the others yesterday, so if I set these today, everything should be ok if I turn the humidity up and stop turning them on day 18/19 (for the other lot), shouldn't it?

5. speckledhen

Yes, Cara, that'll be fine. If you set them later than noon yesterday, you still count today as Day One anyway. For all intents and purposes, they are not really staggered.
    Glad yours got there intact as well, Debbie! Happy Hatching, you two!

6. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Ok, so if I set some on 11/7 at 1pm, and the rest on 11/8 at 3pm, I should stop turning them on 11/26 around lunchtime? This confused me last time too, and I didn't set them at different times then.

My Sultan who lays once in a blue moon graced me with an egg today, so I set that with the others. Hopefully it will hatch into another pullet, my rooster is mean!

7. speckledhen

There is no exact right time. If it was me, I'd stop turning anytime on the 26th, probably in the afternoon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by