Thanks everyone - COOP FINISHED - LOTS OF PICTURES

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
I finally finished last night after my having worked on all of it since MAY.
If not for so many people on this forum, this two-section coop would never have been made.
The only idea that's mine is making an 8x8x8 coop in two 4x8 sections each comprised of six modules that can be taken apart easily and reassembled as one 8x8 coop if I ever want to move them/it. Also, using a tunnel to connect the coops to the run is my idea. Everything else you see came from talented members of BYC. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I described in another post that the sand in the run is almost a foot deep. You can't see the depth because there's another bottom board that doesn't show. The run has all 1/2-inch hardware cloth. Outside the run there's 14 inches of hardward cloth going straight down and three feet of farm 2x4 fencing going outward. All the buried wire that surrounds the run is covered with a truck load of topsoil. Grass seed has been added, but I'll have to get a landscaper to do the back section again because so many plants and shrubs were destroyed during the construction.

9574_four_chickens.jpg

9574_tristan.jpg

9574_tristan_and_isolde.jpg

9574_tristan_isolde_2.jpg

Victoria and her chick live in the south coop
9574_victoria_chick.jpg

9574_east_coop_entrance.jpg

9574_east_coop_interior.jpg

9574_east_coop_-_tunnel-_run.jpg

9574_east_tunnel_pop_egg_door.jpg

9574_east_coop_egg_door.jpg

9574_east_coop_run_entrance.jpg

9574_east_gate.jpg

9574_run_from_southeast.jpg

9574_dusting_bath_tub.jpg

9574_west_gate.jpg

9574_south_coop_interior.jpg

South Coop Interior
9574_south_view.jpg

Last edited:
Oh.
My.
Gosh
A
Moley.

Wow, what a perfect integration of your coop with the style of your house. Without the wire enclosed run, a person could never tell that that structure was for chickens. What a beauty.

WOW I think you are an Engeneer.
Very beautiful and practical and great.
Thank you for sharing pictures with us.
Omran

Back
Top Bottom