Thanks for the welcome to the BYC

Snowbunny54

Hatching
Jan 20, 2019
just an interdiction to the BYC Family. Thanks for the add. Just Retired at 54 after a motorcycle accident. So I decided to move to the mountains in Ga. So I have close to a Acre. Started buying and raising chickens last year then bought some guineas and some rabbits and some ducks. Everything’s been going pretty good since this is the first time doing this I want to be self-sufficient and be able to put meat in my freezer and have eggs. I don’t eat a lot at eggs so I give my eggs to my neighbors and I have a family of 7, their chickens haven’t been producing much so I’ve been trying to give them my eggs to help them out. I’ve only lost a few baby chicks last year and I few Gennies. I try hard to raise them up every time I lose one I see $$ fly off my dinner table. So as of now I have six Rabbits seven Gennies and Around 14 ducks and 30 or so chickens. I do keep myself busy also three cats to two dogs. So far it’s been a good learning experience. So again thanks for the welcome

:welcome

Hi, it's nice to have you here with us! If you'd like to chat with other members in GA, here's a link to your state thread:
Georgia

Have you tried gardening yet? With just a bit of elbow grease, it's not hard to supplement your table with homegrown vegetables. There are gardening threads on BYC too that you might enjoy...check under the Hobbies section.

Best of luck to you!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry. There is always space for members on the BYC roost!:highfive: I am sorry to hear it was a motorcycle accident that caused your retirement. I'm pleased to hear you are enjoying doing self sufficiency though!

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Back
Top Bottom