Thanks for welcoming me!

hens4chri

In the Brooder
Feb 27, 2016
I'm Chri (kree) and I just bought 36 Buff Orpington eggs to hatch out. I've had RReds and sexlink hens before. My kids grew up with chickens as their backyard pets, so I'm old hat at the backyard chicken thing. BUT, we lived in the country and never had to deal with city ordinances, subdivision covenants, or any other of the struggles that some of you do. Our girls also never got sick, so I may be an old hand at it, but I don't have any experience with the challenges :(

We don't have any other pets. We are doing straw bale gardening this year, for the first time. We've always done raised bed and square foot gardening, so this isn't a BIG diversion. I'm looking for inspiration for a creative coop from recycled/repurposed materials that will hold up against bobcat, coyote and bear. We were wiped out 2 years ago by a weasel and felt like miserable steward of our animals. I don't want that to ever happen again.
My favorite activities are bicycling,quilting, weaving, spinning, sewing and making friends :D I also teach weaving, quilting, sewing and spinning.
The hubster is a story-teller and a retiree who is almost always willing to jump in and explore new ways to garden, insulate, build, and live as long as I do the research and share the info.
Looking forward to meeting you and sharing in your enthusiasm for our funny backyard friends.

Hi, Chri, welcome to BYC. Good luck with the incubation and in the building of a 'Fort Knox' containment system for your birds.

Hi Chri, and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us. You have some good pointers from other members, so I'll just say a big hello.

All the best
CT

Hi Chri,
welcome-byc.gif

If you'd like to share information about your gardening, sewing, spinning, etc. with other members, you will want to check out these forums:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/41/hobbies
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16176/gardening

Good luck with your hatch and thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom