thanks to all of you-5 healthy chicks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by claraserena, Mar 20, 2007.

1. claraserena

claraserena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    Last week I posted lots of "help" posts as I watched, waited and tried to help with our broody and her eggs/chicks. 4 chicks did not make it. ONe I am pretty sure because I tried to help take off the shell--it had gone quiet and I had to do something.ONe smothered, one out of shell but dead, one alive for an hour then died.
    We have five beautiful little chicks--all mixed breeds--a pale yellow, a buff, a black, a grey (think that's Columbian Wyandotte) and one kind of spotted. The last one I wrote about as we found it out of the egg and barely alive. Kept it under a lamp, gave sugar water and in a matter of hours it was cheeping and hopping about. That one is a little momma's boy/girl. Walks around under the mom, hoping she will sit. They all adore their mom and she is SO proud. They are in a wading pool inour living room--it's very mess but I would not miss this for the world!
    I want to thank all of you who answered my pleas for help with the hatching and chicks--your advice was right on and much appreciated. Don't know what I'd have done with out you!

Dianne

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    claraserena, Thank-you for being so understanding and nice when things didn't go as planned. Being thankful and enjoying the wonderful peeps you have makes me feel good. I know they will be spoiled and have a happy healthy life. GREAT JOB!

bigzio

3. Chickens-246

Chickens-246 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Pictures please [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by