1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thanks to whomever gave me this advice!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by huckleberryfarm, Jan 24, 2010.

1. huckleberryfarm

huckleberryfarm Chickenista

Jan 7, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    I didn't realize you could give chicks a "snack". Someone told me to do a hard-boiled egg. Wow! They go completely crazy. It's absolutely hilarious to watch them running around like spastic chickens. Even though my husband thought it was kind of like cannibalism, even he had to admit they are pretty funny. I've learned so much from this site. Despite my extremely limited knowledge, my friends now think I'm a chicken expert. Little do they know I'm just repeating what I read on here.

Thanks!

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Next time try something alive like spiders or crickets [​IMG] THEN you'll have a show [​IMG]

3. huckleberryfarm

huckleberryfarm Chickenista

Jan 7, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    I don't think I'm quite there yet. That sounds yucky. [​IMG]

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Quote:My boss thinks I'm a chicken expert too. He just doesn't know about them. I told him I could breed 2 different breeds together & make the babies come out so the girls look like the dad & the boys, like mom. He was blown away!. I told him later about sex-links, & he just laughed. He started telling me about the tiniest chicken in the world, but he couldn't remember the name of it. I told him all about Seramas & he was floored. What a great boss I have!

5. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    earthworms are also a instant feeding frenzy. I buy the fishbait earthworms, go fishing, and then the remaining worms go to the chicks.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hard boiled egg is funny. Crickets are a riot. [​IMG]

7. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    yea, but two chicks grab ahold of either side of that worm and either tug of war or run, and they will clothesline the others with it.. it is so freeking funny!

8. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Quote:This is my step-son exactly! He gets all grossed out when I give them scrambled eggs! I keep telling him...."well, you are what you eat, and they are made of egg ya know!" He says "that's so wrong!" [​IMG]

9. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    Ditto on the crickets and goldfish for the ducks!

10. chickenshagg

chickenshagg THE ALPHA ROO

Apr 18, 2009
    St. Charles, MO
    Quote:That is why many people think I am the chicken expert. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by