Thanks to whomever gave me this advice!

huckleberryfarm

Chickenista
10 Years
Jan 7, 2010
Greenwood, SC
I didn't realize you could give chicks a "snack". Someone told me to do a hard-boiled egg. Wow! They go completely crazy. It's absolutely hilarious to watch them running around like spastic chickens. Even though my husband thought it was kind of like cannibalism, even he had to admit they are pretty funny. I've learned so much from this site. Despite my extremely limited knowledge, my friends now think I'm a chicken expert. Little do they know I'm just repeating what I read on here.

Thanks!

Next time try something alive like spiders or crickets
wink.png
THEN you'll have a show
lol.png

Quote:
My boss thinks I'm a chicken expert too. He just doesn't know about them. I told him I could breed 2 different breeds together & make the babies come out so the girls look like the dad & the boys, like mom. He was blown away!. I told him later about sex-links, & he just laughed. He started telling me about the tiniest chicken in the world, but he couldn't remember the name of it. I told him all about Seramas & he was floored. What a great boss I have!

earthworms are also a instant feeding frenzy. I buy the fishbait earthworms, go fishing, and then the remaining worms go to the chicks.

yea, but two chicks grab ahold of either side of that worm and either tug of war or run, and they will clothesline the others with it.. it is so freeking funny!

Quote:
This is my step-son exactly! He gets all grossed out when I give them scrambled eggs! I keep telling him...."well, you are what you eat, and they are made of egg ya know!" He says "that's so wrong!"
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom