1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thanks, you all messed up my order!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LoneCowboy, Jan 11, 2008.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Yep, it's all your guys' fault. [​IMG]

I went to order my chicks for the first delivery week in Feb, from McMurray's, and most of them where not available. Why? Because all of you were so eager to get your spring chicks you grabbed them all up before I could.

That wasn't very nice. Now I had to wait an extra week to get the chicks I needed [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  2. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    NOT ME! I want Guineas! [​IMG] Besides this will give you an extra week to build another coop (beauties, by the way!)

3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Sorry, but you should not have waited so long!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Not me! I don't buy from the hatcheries. [​IMG]

5. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Not me either.. my dh is patient with the chickens, but if a box arrived with 25 chicks in it I think he'd probably lose it on me.

I'm sticking to hatching eggs right now (with 16 in the 'bator and another 6 on the way.. MWAHAHAHAHA)

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I didn't do it!

I'm hatching my own.
    [​IMG]

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Ye who hesitates, must waite!

But really.....wasnt me!!

8. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Wasn't me either, I'm trying to hatch my own this year, and I will just go to Runnings to buy more when they come in! he he

9. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Not me. My husband informed me that Ideal is only 60 miles away...the man doesn't know what he's doing. Talk about enabling. [​IMG] :lol:It's a good thing my yard is small. Sigh, I guess I have to be good and concentrate on the babies I have.

10. crocodile girl

crocodile girl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2008
    Yep, it's all your guys' fault.

I went to order my chicks for the first delivery week in Feb, from McMurray's, and most of them where not available. Why? Because all of you were so eager to get your spring chicks you grabbed them all up before I could.

That wasn't very nice. Now I had to wait an extra week to get the chicks I needed

hehe, it was probably me. I ordered over 300 birds! I put up a thread about it.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by