Thanksgiving Babies are growing fast, Pics.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jimnjay, Jan 5, 2008.

1. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Here is a sampling of the babies that hatched on the Thanksgiving Weekend. I had 19 eggs split between three broodies and the incubator.
    This is one of the Welsummers from Mothergoose
    [​IMG]
    A pair of Buff Sizzles
    [​IMG]
    Splash Frizzled Silkie
    [​IMG]
    Partridge Silkie Pair
    [​IMG]

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] how sweet ..........lucky you !

3. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Jaynie they are just as cute as can be. Love the little partridge ones.

4. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Yours are the same size as mine that my hen that I didnt know was setting in the barn brought up and it was freezing outside so we caught her and the babies and brought them in ...she stayed with them almost 2 wks and then I put her out and the babies stayed in ...they will be going out in about 4 or 5 more weeks if I can take the smell...they do make a stink dont they...

5. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    It won't be long now, Jaynie! I want babies again! [​IMG] SO CUTE!

6. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jimnjay

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    OH MY yes, stinky is an understatement. I moved mine out to the coop yesterday. It is going through a warming cycle right now and they have the lights so I think they will be fine. If we have another cold snap, I will add a warmer light. They are so funny when they are released from the brooder. The little boys immediately started kick boxing. The bigger ones started jockeying for the Alpha slot. This is the first time I have not been able to let them see daylight for such a long time. I usually put them outside for 10 minutes a day from the time they are three weeks and increase the time out. With the weather so frigid they have had to live inside this whole time.

Julie, The partridge ones are very nice with all that nice buff in there, Of course, I can't them.[​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

jimnjay......I've got some of your welsummer's siblings...only a couple of weeks younger.

9. jimnjay

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Katy, I got 7 out of nine roolettes. I have rehomed those boys and I will hatch out some more later one. They really are pretty birds. They remind me of Bobwhite Quail.

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I got more roos than pullets too! Mine will be rehomed at the poultry auction the end of the month. [​IMG] I really like how my older ones lay, but they are probably my most skittesh chickens when they're young.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by