Thanksgiving Babies! Upadated with PICS!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SunChick, Nov 22, 2007.

1. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    We have welcomed 4 mille fleur d'unccle babies today! YAY! What a great Thanksgiving Gift! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  2. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    I assume you know you will have mutiny on your hands if you don't post pics!!! [​IMG] Please for the sake of us poor incubator-less slobs who have to live vicariously through you hatch-a-holics, POST PICS!! [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Awesome! Congratulations.

4. SunChick

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Give me time between baking and cooking to post them...using up some eggs making a Pound cake (recipe here on the BYC!) I have 5 doz eggs in the fridge right now...DH keeps forgetting to take eggs to work! [​IMG] Maybe I'll be making a trip to my neighbors soon! These babies came hollering into the world...we never heard such a racket from peeps before! [​IMG]

5. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    I LOVE Millies!!!!!!
    Did you order the eggs or are they from your own birds??? My Millies sound more like song birds than chickens and have always made the strangest sounds.
    I have a beautiful trio that will someday begin laying. They are really close right now, I can't wait!

Much like I can't wait to see the pics!
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

6. SunChick

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I ordered these eggs for my DH. We bought a SQ hen from a friend and he fell in love with her. These are from Leon Valley...we started out with 18 eggs and we are down to these four. We'll see if the other two eggs hatch, but this group must have been handled roughly cause 2 arrived cracked and several did not develop.

Here are the mille fleurs
    [​IMG]

and here are our frizzles that hatched on Tuesday!
    [​IMG]

7. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    Beautiful babies. I cannot wait for mine Congrats:jumpy:clap

8. BantamMom13720

BantamMom13720 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2007
    Spotsylvania , VA
    Wow, your babies are beautiful! I'm on my first incubating batch- only at day 4, so a long way to wait! This is a first for me, so I hope they hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by