1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thanksgiving Day Hatch, anyone?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Griffox, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Griffox

Griffox Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Harrodsburg, KY
    I just realized my chicks are due on Thanksgiving Day. Boy, that was poor planning on my part. I might just have to have Thanksgiving at MY house. [​IMG]

Anyone else?

2. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yup...mine too....grrrr. Well, they could always be early..or late? [​IMG] what breed are you hatching?

3. Griffox

Oct 26, 2008
    Harrodsburg, KY
    buff orphingtons, barred rocks and partridge rocks...and a few of my barred rock/ new hamshire red mutts.

How about you?

4. UrbanMama

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Blue/Barred Rocks, Welsummers, Silver Laced Wyandottes and Red Laced Wyandottes....and a partridge in a pear tree! [​IMG]

5. VettekLisa

VettekLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2008
    Hale, Missouri
    LOL, I'm so glad you posted this thread. It made me realize that my
    silkies are due on Thanksgiving. We were planning on going to my
    parents. Guess not now.

Here's hoping that they hatch early.

6. Griffox

Oct 26, 2008
    Harrodsburg, KY
    Quote:ooh...pretty! I've looked for those pair tree partridges, but can't find them anywhere. WHERE did you find yours?? [​IMG]

Quote:Do you think if I tell the chickies to hold on, they'll wait another day to start pipping? I don't want to miss anything.

7. Ms Ellen

Ms Ellen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Virginia
    Me too! I am having 15 people over and no doubt the kids will be amazed. That is IF I get any to hatch this time. I am already stressed out about this.

8. UrbanMama

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Buckle up and enjoy the ride! For the next 21 (or 19-20) you'll go through so many ups and downs but the end result is so magnificent it's worth every second of stress. The miracle and awe of birth...it just doesn't get old! I'm glad we can share the journey with each other [​IMG] You'll hear more people chime in here as the time gets closer to!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  9. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    My chicks are due to hatch a day before Thanksgiving, but knowing my luck they will wait until the day! And who says it's turkey day? It's really chick day, lol!

Emily in NC

PS - I have mixed eggs in the brooder right now, but the breeds that I have (still laying) are silkie, cochin (white), golden comet, RIR for the hens, and for the roos I have Americaunas/EE's, a bantam sultan, a RIR, and silkies, so the eggs could be any mixture.

10. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I have mutt eggs due Thanksgiving day. Two are Maran crosses.[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by