1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thanksgiving Day Hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by begbfg, Nov 10, 2011.

1. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Anyone else have a hatch date on Thanksgiving weekend?

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I am taking off Thanksgiving week. No hatches scheduled for that week. I had a hatch day on Tuesday and all hatched. Next hatch dates are Nov. 16th, 17th, 29th and Dec. 1st (another tray is going in today).

3. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I have a broody bantam cochin that will hatch as best as I can tell right around Thanksgiving. She is on 10 eggs. Someone please let the broodiness stop! [​IMG] Just got rid of the last batch of chicks.

4. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Quote:[​IMG] My broody quit two weeks after sitting. [​IMG] Hence, the day I tossed the eggs, I ordered an incubator. [​IMG] (Will hens quit sitting if they sense something is wrong with their clutch? Hmmm...)

5. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Quote:Congrats on your hatch! What breed(s) are they? We always stay home on the holidays, and since my kids and hubby will be home during that time (I have to work that weekend) they can keep an eye on things.
    Enjoy your week off! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by