Thanksgiving Day Owl Visit Yeah It doesn't exactly have a happy ending

prairiehen74369

Songster
9 Years
May 7, 2010
north east oklahoma
sad.png
I'm stuffing my wood stove this morning about 5:30 and hear my Silkie Hen calling for help by the time I get the gun loaded and get out the door a BIG owl flies up out of the pen (it was covered with chicken wire ) he was so big and heavy he caved it in. I shot at him and missed it was too dark to see how much damaged he'd done .It's colder than I can tell you so back to filling the stove and Mama hen calls me again this time the gun is loaded I might have wounded him but don't think I killed him so since he made a meal here he will be back to night ,yes he ate one of my half grown Silkie babies. I'll move them to a pen with a sturdier cover.

Do what you have to do, but don't write about it here. Great horned owls are protected under the migratory birds act. Penalties for killing them are significant.

***edited by moderation - byc does not condone illegal acts

Last edited by a moderator:
Prevention and Protection my friend. If it helps GHOwls eat up to 100 mice a week. I have a bottle rocket launcher on my deck and I use it some times once an hour to keep preditors away from the coop. It launches and explodes just above the coop. made with conduit and nailed to the dick rail so it aims like a morter. We live in the country to enjoy it. No country is city life!

Back
Top Bottom