Thanksgiving day reaked!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gmendoza, Nov 26, 2012.

1. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    What a sucky turkeyday.The worst dirty bird day of all dirty bird days. [​IMG]

My sister in law and brother in law showed their butts this day and insulted,embarrassed and besmirched my father in laws house by getting in the face of my sweet sister in law that I love as pure gold. I didnt know this happened til mr bozohead told his bozoheaded wife they are leaving, slammed the door and left.

I say good riddins to bad rubbish.

He made my aunt cry and my daughter cry because my sweet sister in law was crying because this *#@%&!!! was yelling at her and pointing his finger in her face.If I knew what was going on, I would have jacked him up.

He and his pittance wife have no permission to come to our house anymore because if his temper is like this,I wont jepardise my wife and girls to it.

Then his glorious wife called my mother in law and said she cant promise that he wont do it again,and that he would just stay at home instead of comming over anymore.

nice thanksgiving day for us........

wish I could cuss on here....but it wont do any justice...

Justice is to have him come down to my house in SC...........I got plenty of woods here..... [​IMG]

2. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    sorry to hear that happened to you on Thanksgiving day, unfortunately there is one in every family. [​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Isn't it a shame that what should be the happiest of times can bring out the very worst in some people? Hope the jerks make themselves scarce at Christmas!

4. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

I feel your pain, (My family was like that. They ruined every holiday when I was a kid.) but at least they showed up. This year, since OldGal and I didn't have any place to go, and no one was close enough to come here we decided to do something that we have done occasionally in the past. We decided to have what we like to call "Orphans Thanksgiving".

This custom started when OldGal and I discovered, many years ago that we had both spent holidays alone and, remembering how lonely it was thought that it was a shame that anyone should have to do that. The first one was well attended with a meal and good company.

This year we have three neighbors who had no place to go so we invited them for dinner at noon and they all accepted.

I got up at 5:00 am to start the meal (I'm not a morning person). Here's the menu:
    • A 15+ pound turkey
    • Sage & giblet dressing
    • Turkey gravy
    • Mashed yams w/marshmallows
    • Mashed potatoes w/chives
    • Brussel sprouts
    • Cauliflower in cheese sauce
    • Pea salad
    • Cranberry sauce, both jellied and whole bean (Okay, so that did come out of a can.)
    • Radishes
    • Olives, both ripe and green stuffed with pimentos
    • Green onions
    • Scratch buttermilk biscuits
    • Coffee
    • Fresh brewed ice tea (2 gallons)
    • A scratch made Cherry Slump w/whipped cream for dessert (Okay, I cheated there too, Cool Whip.)

We even bought a bunch of storage containers so that everyone would have something to take leftovers home, and a bag of ice for the tea. We even bought canned dog food as a Thanksgiving treat for our guests pets

I was so proud of it. For the first time in my life everything was done at the same time, and was done just right. Nothing over cooked or under cooked. The turkey was a beautiful golden brown. Even the biscuits weren't burned on the bottom.[​IMG]

We'd thoroughly cleaned the house the day before (not that it didn't need it) and I'd dismantled my computer, because it normally sits on the only table that we have that will seat 5 people. We'd even rearranged the furniture so that we'd have plenty of room.

It's now about 11:45 am and OldGal takes the truck and goes to get the elderly lady who lives about 1/2 mile away (as arranged in advance) while I start moving the food to the table. She's not home. About 11:50 she calls to say that, "Something has come up, and she isn't going to make it."

The other two people don't show up either. We call their cell phone. No answer. We go ahead and eat. They finally show up at 5:00 pm No apology or explanation. They behave as if this is just the time they'd agreed to. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Never again. From here on in it's holidays at Denny's. [​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Awww..oldguy...I'm sorry to hear that. What jerks..:(

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Sorry you guys had to experience such poor behavior from others. Oldguy my mom used to invite people over.One of them was a co-worker of hers who had no fdamily in this country, and we are now married with 2 kids! I am sorry about your neighbors.Things do come up,but no apology is just not acceptable.As for bad family-yeah don't invite them,and if they come anyway don't let them in!!!!

7. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Awesome meal Oldguy.It was kind of you to let them in despite being so late and unaplogetic(sp).

8. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    well we do this thing at christmas.we pick a name for whom to buy and only them.then we pick how much to spend.I got my father in law and we can spend max 85.00.

The troublemakers are not participating so we omited their names.

Jerk faces....

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  9. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is to just uninvite people, family or not. Don't let the toxic members in the house and if they insist, tell them you are calling the cops. Then do it. I used to have a friend that was not like that, but she was the original wet blanket. She could suck the joy out of any gathering. I use to invite her because I felt sorry for her. She had no place to go for the holidays and she was all alone and lonely. I finally figured out it was unfair to the other guests to have her there because she made verybody miserable. I solved that by inviting her over for dinner the day before or the day after, but never the day of. That way I salved a guilty conscience, she got a good meal, and I was the only one subjected to her.

10. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Sorry to hear that your day was ruined. It sounds all future party poopers should not be invited anymore.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by