1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thanksgiving dinner enjoyed by ALL....

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    So after Thanksgiving dinner we piled all the scraps into a big platter bowl and set it out in the middle of the yard for the girls and boys. They absolutely tore it up!! [​IMG]

Yesterday, they got the remaining pumpkin pie and I swear I could see them smiling!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    My girls got the last dregs of corn &roasted red pepper pudding this morning. They didn't look too happy about it, last time I looked their way...

3. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Since I gave them our leftover feast, my chickens are laying an egg everyday. I figured my eggs would go down in winter and so far I get 5 to 6 eggs everyday from 6 hens. I think they must have really appreciated that stuffing [​IMG] or just grateful that they weren't the dinner. [​IMG] I hope they keep it up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by