Thanksgiving feast for my Flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pinky, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    When I got up this morning I thought,since I am sooo thankful for my flock [​IMG] , why not give them something special today.I fixed them some fresh greens,bread, a little bit of stuffing,chopped apples,and some macaroni,along with their usual food.They all had a feast! and there was enough so that none of them fought over it.They loved it.All of them seemed so happy,even my turkey who acted as if she was hiding today [​IMG]
    I got some eggs from them afterwards so I was happy too [​IMG] since they started to slow on egg production.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I made applesauce this morning and used 12 apples. the babes got all the shavings, the cores, etc.

3. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Can you give chickens the turkey carcass and bones to peck at? i've got three carcasses and more then enough turkey stock in the freezer - just don't know if i should give them the carcass & bones?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  4. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    We scraped all the plates from dinner and that is what the chickens, ducks and geese will get for breakfast this morning.

5. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    All my animals (two cats, a dog, and my six chicks) got Thanksgiving dinner last night! The girls LOVED the homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes and even ate some turkey!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by