Thanksgiving treats!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by leight54, Nov 24, 2011.

1. leight54

leight54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, who out there is giving their chickens a SPECIAL Thanksgiving treat today????
    Mine got chopped apple, cranberries and wheatgerm. [​IMG]

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Mine get so much every day that today all they will get is what we scrape off the plates after lunch. That will consist of ham, venison, salad, corn, peas, broccoli/rice casserole, mac n cheese, deviled eggs, sweet potato pie and pecan pie. They have already had one sweet potato pie because I didn't discover until after I baked it that the nuts had bugs in them. So we dumped that one and made 3 more.

There are only 4 of us eating so we will have plenty to feed some of the caged birds. The free rangers have been hanging out in teh back yard waiting for morsels to be flung out the back door. [​IMG]

3. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Mine will be getting the turkey carcass for sure. They will keep them busy for a bit.

4. homesteader wannabe

homesteader wannabe Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2011
    Northern NJ
    So far the girls got sweet potato and apple peelings- we'll see what's left after the meal![​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  5. wood&feathers

wood&feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    E. KY
    Mine have already been gorging on the trimmings from processing a deer. This morning they got apple peels, bread dough bowl scrapings, crumbs from last night's pizza and celery tops. By afternoon there will be more...

6. maclady

maclady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2011
    Lost in Space
    Mine have just received baked sweet potato, baked acorn squash, some stuffing, boss, mealworms and half of a small sugar pumpkin. [​IMG] I think they will have a Happy Thanksgiving.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by